Monday, January 25, 2016


 
 
As I climb into bed tonight my head and heart are swirling
I only have SIX more sleeps to go before three of my favorite
boys are here. Yet, with that excitement also comes the reminder
that I am not home. Tonight, I am longing for home

My heart was laid heavy with the reality that not only
have I been here for five days but I very likely
{UNLESS A MIRACLE HAPPENS}
will be here for another 120 or so days or so
That is a lot to let sink in
This place is unfamiliar in every way

My heart is to be home
Yet there is still so much that is required
 
Zambia requires three months of fostering before you are able to
gain final approval.
They have recently added in a two week
"bonding" phase prior to the three month foster phase.
That is why Im here, starting that two week phase so that when
Derek arrives, we can hopefully have a court date to be given
foster parent rights.
We currently sit waiting on our paperwork to be found in the
capital. We checked today..and will check again tomorrow
So that is the latest on the actual process itself
Pray the paperwork can be back dated to the first day I was
here with the children instead of when they find our paperwork
 
It is hard to press in tonight and hear clearly what next steps are
Its difficult to discern His voice from my own
desires, hopes and fears.
 
I don't want to move a single step without Him
I truly desire for this entire process to go just as the Lord desires
He has a plan and that very well may include me being here with
these five kiddos of mine for 4 months
I want that if He does...with tears streaming down my face
I do truly desire His work to be complete in this situation
whatever that looks like.
 
I want to hear His voice ahead calling me step by step
to Himself and His plan
 
El Roi, You are the God who SEES. You see me here and you
know the weight feels too much today. Be near to me Lord
Please do not let me move without you out of selfish ambition
Lead me to Your heart when I am overwhelmed
Hold us in the palm of your hand...God I feel alone tonight.
I don't feel strong Father. Yet I know that you are made
PERFECT in my weakness. You give me new strength daily
You restore my soul
 
"You were the VICTOR in the King
You were the POWER in David's swing
You were the CALM in Abraham
You are the GOD who understands
You are the STRENGTH when we have none
You are the LIVING HOLY ONE
You were
You are
and
you will ALWAYS be"
 
My may weary soul rest in who You are
Lord I trust you heart is good and kind
Help me to trust that you are mighty beyond comprehension
Help me to trust that you would reach down into this life
of mine and use me for Your kingdom
and Lord...Father, if at all possible...can we all please go home SOON
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Ashley I want you to know that I am praying for you and your precious "growing" family. I don't know how I've missed this new part of the story HE is writing for you but I hope to stay up to date from here on. What an incredible journey you've had these last few years. You truly should write a book. I think if you look back over your blog posts that could easily be done. Thank you for being genuine, vulnerable, honest, and raw with your testimony. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete